We have put together some great opportunities for building apps that make a positive impact in many user’s life! Get inspired!
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
It’s common knowledge that achieving ones personal goals is key to living a fulfilled life. However, identifying the right goals and figuring out how to achieve them can prove a challenge in itself! Let’s try and demystify these obstacles and build solutions that’ll help users to convert their dreams into workable plans!
How might we help users positively change their habits and achieve their personal goals? Consider the following factors when thinking about your solutions: Will it...
- Help the users set realistic and regular goals?
- Help the users make a practical plan in order reach their goal?
- Does it feature mechanisms to track and measure progress so users remain motivated in their pursuits
- Allow users to share and collaborate in their journey
Your solution should empower users to be more proactive while putting them in the driving seat in terms of pursuing their personal goals.
We all know learning doesn’t end at school, but sometimes we don’t further ourselves as much as we should outside an educational framework. How can we encourage regular learning in an engaging and easy manner? Lets think on your own interests and inspirations and what would help you increase your knowledge.
How might we help users make learning a on-going activity throughout life? Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Steadily increase the users knowledge in one or more area?
- Encourage them to use the app regularly?
- Set realistic goals thus giving a sense of achievement?
- Can they share their progress with other users?
Your solution will provide users multiple means in which to learn in an engaging and relaxed manner while offering learning goals for them to reach.ting them in the driving seat in terms of pursuing their personal goals.
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
“The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.”
Arnold J. Toynbeee
Finding the right balance between work and ones personal life has been one of biggest issues facing the workforce of the 21st century. Let’s destroy the stigma that trying to improve one may damage the other and show that balance is key.
How might we help the user manage their time effectively and add a sense of balance to their working day and home life. Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Provide useful means and tools in which to measure their duties?
- Catalogue and assess their work schedule and outside life?
- Provide concrete solutions on how to prioritize their time?
- Reduce stress levels?
Your solution should give the user easy to follow advice on how to free up their schedules, what activities to prioritize and give regular feedback and checkpoints.
Watch this talk by Clayton Christen, Harvard BusinessSchool professor and author of ‘How Will You Measure Your Life?’
Check out The Art of Simple’s informative look at how personality shapes what we prioritize.
Better Life at Work
Work needn't be a chore. With the right focus and attitude the workplace can be a rewarding and engaging arena (even fun). Think on how we can help the user connect their personal goals and believes to those of the workplace.
How might we aid users in reaching their professional goals and have a satisfying work life. Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Genuinely relate to the user and their desires?
- Increase proactively in a positive manner?
- Provide a means for the user to note their progress and growth?
- Offer practical and expert advice?
Your solution should give the user non-intrusive channels in which to approach their working day in a more positive and driven manner as well as ways to record their progress.