We have put together some great opportunities for building apps that make a positive impact in many user’s life! Get inspired!
Progress is impossible without mutual respect. A lack of respect causes friction and slows productivity in turn benefiting no one. Think on how we can aid the user in creating a strong foundation on which to educate themselves and others.
How might we build strong foundations in which to foster a respectful and inclusive way to live together. Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Help the user consider others needs and opinions?
- Educate and inform in a useful manner?
- Allow open discussion with other users?
- Provide platforms to build ideas on and alter as needed?
Your solution should give the users the ability to have collaborativediscussion on the meaning of respect as well as informative advice on how to be more mindful of others in their day to day life.
Watch Jon Ronson’s thoughtprovoking TED Talk on public shaming.
“Being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Life is not a solo act. It's a huge collaboration.”
In a world more connected than ever before collaboration has evolved in many ways. With more options and avenues available to explore consider how we can help the user focus ideas and reach others.
How might we help users better collaborate online and offline, empowering them to create varied solutions? Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Allow the user to reach other like minded users with ease?
- Offer prebuilt solution foundations or templates?
- Drive the users toward a final outcome or goal?
- Provide easy communication channels for updates and ideas?
Your solution will connect users to others with ease while providing a means for them to discuss their share ambitions and a platform on which to begin working.
Watch Celeste Headlee’s TED Talk on ’10 Ways To Have a Better Conversation’.
Privacy (or lack thereof) has become one the biggest debates of the digital era. Think on how we can educate the user on this complicated issue and provide real solutions on how to protect their own.
How might we help users better manage and understand their digital privacy? Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Allow the user to help protect their privacy?
- Inform and educate the user on the landscape of digital privacy?
- Offer advice on how to improve the users level of exposure on various platforms?
- Keep them updated on digital law?
Your solution will provide the means for your user to quickly manager their digital privacy we’ll informing them of the general landscape and changes within the sector.
Watch Glenn Greenwald’s eyeopening TED Talk on why privacy matters.
The U.N’s Human Rights descriptionof a right to privacy in the digital age.
“Privacy is not something that I'm merely entitled to, it's an absolute prerequisite.”
“What we all want is public safety. We don't want rhetoric that's framed through ideology.”
Injury and danger is unfortunately a part of life, but much can be done to avoid it.
How might we help users prevent, identify and react to dangerous situations? Consider the following factors when thinking about your solution: Will it...
- Educate the user on safety concerns in certain fields?
- Provide the platform to either solve or educate the user on dangerous elements?
- Have the means to allow the user to discuss and collaborate with others facing the same issues?
- Identity safety concerns in real-time?
Your solution will not only give users the tools in which to understand various safety issues but also the means in which to create ways to either solve or avoid them.